On the first Sunday of every month (except Januari), there is a carboot market at the Swanson Railway Station. It’s become an important regular event in the Swanson social scene!
You can find produce, crafts, plants for your garden, second-hand good and all manner of bric a brac to suit your pocket. There is a sausage sizzle or for those who want to be tempted by more elaborate fare, the Swanson Railway Station Cafe would be delighted to serve you.
All funds go to support the upkeep of the old railway station building and they also contribute to a community fund to support good causes in the Swanson community.
Here’s how it works:
- No bookings
- Just turn up and find a car-park space
- You can sell out of the back of your car or set up tables and displays
- A $5 fee will be collected from you during the morning
- In summer, the first stallholders turn up from 6am and you need to be there by 7am to ensure you get a space
- In winter, there is less pressure for spaces but the organiser will be there from 6.30am
For more information contact Sharon Davies, 0274 989 597.